Personally I am scared of heights. But because of popular demand I have come to Burj Khalifa.
7 Amazing Burj Khalifa Facts
- In order to prove to the world that Dubai is indeed in a class of its own, the city planners together with private companies came up with the tallest building in the world – The Burj Khalifa.
- Did you know the Khalifa holds the world record for being the tallest freestanding structure in the world?
- At 828 metres, the Khalifa is 3 times the height of the Eiffel Tower and twice as tall as the Empire State Building.
- The building design takes after the Greek flower, Hymenocallis.
- The name is translated as Beautiful Membrane in Greek. Well, I am inclined to agree.
- This tall structure sure is a thing of beauty. And it’s elevators are fast!
- The Khalifa has 54 elevators which have a dizzying speed of up to 40 miles per hour. Considering the fact that heights make me queasy, I should be getting out of here!!