Car Puppets Craft
How to Make Car Puppets
What You Need
- Thick bond paper/thin cardboard
- Drinking straws
- Glue stick
- Crayons or poster paint
- Paint brushes
- Black marker
4 Steps to make the Background
1. Draw a straight or curved line on the paper/cardboard. This will be the path on which your car puppet will move.
2. Draw some scenery on top of this line, like a sun, clouds, birds.
3. Paint or colour your drawing.
4. Make a slit along the path. Make sure that you leave a 1.5-2 inches margin on both ends of the paper/cardboard.
4 Steps to make the Car Puppet
1. Draw a car on another paper/cardboard and colour it.
2. Then, cut it out.
3. Use cellotape to fix a drinking straw behind the car puppet.
4. Like this, you can make as many vehicle puppets as you like- trucks, motorcycles, buses.
How to move the Car Puppet along the background
1. Poke the straw behind the car puppet through the slit so that its end sticks out below the bottom of the paper.
2. Hold the car puppet from this end of the straw and move it along the road.
We have a huge collection of free and downloadable craft ideas for kids.