What is a Flip Book?
A flip book is a book with pictures in a series. Each picture is slightly different from the one before. So, when you quickly flip the pages, the pictures look like they are moving!
What You Need
- Post it Notes
- Pencil/Pen/Color pencil
5 Steps to Make a Flip Book
- On the last page, draw a circle and two eyes. You will make the mouth later.
- Trace the circle and two eyes on the other pages. These parts will not move.
- Start making the mouth. First, draw a happy mouth on the last page.
- Draw the mouth on all the other pages too, but each time make the line flatter, until you get a straight line. Next, make it bend in the reverse direction to form a frown.
- Flip it forwards or backwards to make your face smile or frown!
How Flip Books Work?
Flip books work because of an optical illusion- persistence of vision. As the images you see move fast, your eye can’t see them individually. So, it only sees one image, which looks like it’s moving.
We have a huge collection of free and downloadable craft ideas for kids.