Halloween Cookies Recipe
It’s that time of the year! When you get to dress up as spooky characters and eat yummy sweets and delicacies. Wouldn’t you like to make something on this fun occasion?
Here’s a fun Halloween recipe to double the fun this year! We’re going to make Halloween Cookies! To be specific, pumpkin orange cookies.
How to Make Pumpkin Orange Cookies
These moist, oh-so-yummy pumpkin cookies are full of the Fall-flavor, with the key ingredients being pumpkins and oranges. With the perfect finishing touch of orange glaze, this is one cookie you can’t wait to eat!
So how do we make these tasty pumpkin cookies?
The best thing about the pumpkin cookies is that they’re easy to make. Just remember to ask for the help of an adult to use the gas stove, or the oven and the microwave, and the kitchen utensils, and you’re all set to get cooking.
Preparation Time – 15 mins
Cooking Time – 12 mins
Makes – 3 dozen Cookies!
What You Need
For the Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 tablespoons) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can pureed pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
For the Orange Glaze
- 1 ½ cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
7 Steps to Make Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium mixer bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl; beat until light, creamy and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in orange juice and orange peel, followed by pumpkin puree. Add the flour mixture and beat till combined. Stir in the nuts (optional)
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for around 12 – 14 minutes or until edges are golden, and dry on top. After 5 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- After it cools, spread on each cookie about 1/2 teaspoon Orange Glaze.
2 Steps to Make Orange Glaze
- Combine powdered sugar, enough orange juice and orange peel in a medium bowl until smooth and of desired consistency.
- And Voila! Your scrumptious halloween delight is ready! Call over your friends and treat them to your own home-baked super tasty halloween cookies!
Get more Information