- In certain areas, buildings and greenhouses are heated with water pumped form hot springs .
- Most hot springs discharge groundwater that is heated by shallow intrusions of magma in volcanic areas.
- Many thermophilic organisms grow in huge colonies mats that form the colourful scums and slimes on the sides of hot springs.
- The compositions of hot spring waters are determined by the temperatures and types of rocks encountered during underground flow.
- Many of the colours in hot springs are caused by thermophilic (heat-loving) microorganisms.
- Soaking in hot springs have many health benefits due to the minerals in them.
For more such Geography articles and videos, visit: http://mocomi.com/learn/geography/