Thirsty? Water is the best drink to quench your thirst. Water is one of human body’s most essential nutrients. People may survive without food for about 4-6 weeks, but they cannot last even 1 week without water!
About 60 percent of our body weight is water and it helps keep our body temperature constant at 98.6 degrees. Water carries nutrients into our system and transports waste out of our bodies. It maintains blood volume, body weight and provides lubrication to our joints and body tissues.
How much water should I drink?
Researchers say that you should drink 8 big glasses of water every day. In reality the fluid intake is different from person to person. It depends on age, gender, weight, activity levels and weather conditions.
But, in general children should have at least 1 to 1.5 litres of water every day. That makes it 5 to 7 glasses of water. Children need more water because their activity levels are also high. They go to school, play games, have other activities and the body sweats and provides energy to do these things. In order to gain the body balance back, kids need that extra water intake.
Water intake is essential before and after a physical activity. If the weather is hot and humid, kids need plenty of water otherwise there will be chances of dehydration. The goal should be to drink 1 or 2 cups of water every half an hour when doing a physical activity.
Dehydration is bad, but even too much water is not good. Over-hydrating can sometimes lead to nausea, vomiting, headache and fatigue.
5 Tips to drink more water
- The best method is to listen to your body- Have a nice glass of water the moment you feel even slightly thirsty.
- Avoid sugary drink like juices and colas, as they contain more sugar and are harmful for your body.
- Always have a bottle of water with you when you are going out.
- Have a few mouthful of water during a break from studies or a game.
- After a game or a physical activity drink water to regain what you have lost due to sweat.
You may also like Benefits of Drinking Water, visit: http://mocomi.com/water-the-super-drink/