Homemade Lava Lamp
Want to make a bee-yoo-tiful lava lamp? Read on to find out how!
What You Need
- A plastic water bottle
- Alka-seltzer tablets
- Food coloring
6 Steps to Make a Lava Lamp
- Fill the bottle till the three quarters mark with oil.
- Pour water in the remaining part, but make sure to leave about an inch of space.
- Put about 10 drops of food coloring.
- What’s happening? Does the food coloring change when it moves through the oil or when it hits the water?
- Break an Alka-seltzer tablet in four. Drop one piece at a time, and see the effect!
- You can use different food colours each time for a new funky shade and pattern.
We have a huge collection of free and downloadable craft ideas for kids.