How to Make Christmas Stockings
Personalized Christmas Stockings
What You Need
- Fabric paint
- Thick red paper
- Stencils (optional)
- Old Christmas cards/wrapping paper, sequins (optional)
- Puncher (If making a paper stocking)
14 Steps to Make Christmas Stockings
- Fold the paper in half.
- Cut a Christmas stocking shape. You can use our templates for Christmas stocking patterns.
- Align the pattern’s straight line edge with the folded edge of the paper.
- Trace the pattern on the paper.
- Cut the stocking out.
- Unfold your stocking.
- Stick your stocking with glue on all sides, except the top.
- Fold the stocking on the crease in the middle.
- Press so that the glue adheres.
- Tie a knot at the end.
- Decorate your stocking with paint or stencils. You can even stick old Christmas cards. Or sequins. Cut out designs from old wrapping paper and stick them on. Get ideas from Christmas decorations and Christmas ornaments for designs.
- Punch a hole in your paper stocking.
- Thread a ribbon through so that you can stick it up.
- What Christmas gift ideas do you have for filling stockings? They could be greeting cards, papercraft items and anything else that’s small and light!
We have a huge collection of free and downloadable craft ideas for kids.