How to Make Resolutions Last
The year’s changing, so it’s a good time for us to change too. Have you made a New Year’s resolution before? What happened to it? If you broke it, don’t worry. It’s time to make another one! Here are some ideas on making your resolutions last.
5 Easy ways to make your New Year’s Resolutions stick
- Make specific resolutions- they last longer. If you want to learn to sing, say that you’ll practice for 10 minutes a day. Keep them realistic. It might be tough keeping your room clean all the time, but you could try to keep your room at least a little organized.
- If you’re stuck for ideas, you could ask your family on the resolutions you should make. Frame your resolutions positively. Instead of saying “I will not be lazy,” you could try saying “I will play a sport.”
- Start off small. Once you’ve achieved your goal, you will get the confidence to make harder resolutions. So you could start off by practising singing for five minutes a day, and then increase this to ten minutes a day after a week.
- Just make a few resolutions, so that you’re more likely to keep them. Write your resolutions down- this will help you to take them seriously. Then, you could try hanging them up so that you see them often.
- Track your progress on a calendar so that you can see your progress. Share your resolutions with your family. That way, they can encourage you to stick to your resolution. You can even have a family resolution like “Watch a movie every week together.”
Once you keep doing something, it becomes a habit. Soon, your following a New Year’s resolution will become automatic. So, keep going. Reward yourself when you achieve your resolution. You deserve it! Tell us the resolutions you’re making for 2016 in the comments.
- New Year Celebrations Around the World http://mocomi.com/new-year-celebrations-around-the-world/
- Ever wondered Why does the New Year Start on January 1st?