How to Tie a Tie
6 Easy Steps to Tie a Tie
Does typing a tie leave you knots? Follow these 6 simple steps to tie a tie neatly! This is called the Four-in-Hand or Schoolboy knot.
1. Arrange the tie around your neck, so that the wide end falls on your left side. It should be about a foot below the narrower side’s tip.
2. Then, lift the wide side so that it crosses the narrow side. Next, wrap it below the narrow side, so that it comes back to its original side.
3. Now, cross the wide part again over the narrow side, as shown.
4. Slip the wide end from the back, over the top of the knot.
5. Using your index finger, slide the wide side in front of the knot, through the loop.
6. Finally, use your left hand to grasp the narrow end. Move the knot towards your collar, until it is firm.
That’s it! We’re sure you’re looking super smart.
For more such interesting General Knowledge articles and videos, visit: GK for Kids.