Hypnotism : Art of Mind Control
12 Interesting Facts about Hypnotism
- Hypnotism is a natural state of human mind and all of us experience hypnosis minimum two times in a day.
- In 1892 the British Medical Association (BMA) officially recognized the applications of hypnosis in modern medicine.
- In World War I and II, hypnosis was used to treat soldiers suffering from combat neuroses. It was also used as a substitute for anesthetics when the supplies were low.
- Fifteen minutes of hypnosis is equivalent to three hours of sleep.
- Every human being can be hypnotized.
- No one has ever got stuck in hypnosis.
- The practice of hypnotism is more than 3,000 years old. The earliest description of hypnosis was found written on papyrus in an Egyptian tomb dating back to 1500 BC.
- Egyptians, Romans and Greek used hypnotism for medical and religious purposes.
- Hypnotism can be used to eradicate bad habits.
- Mandrake, the main hero of a famous comic strip by Lee Falk, used the power of hypnotism to battle the baddies.
- A person under hypnosis does not forget anything, unless he or she agrees to forget.
- You cannot remain hypnotized for more than a few minutes unless you want to.
For more such interesting General Knowledge articles and videos, visit: General Knowledge for Kids.