Interesting facts about Virat Kohli you may know
Virat Kohli career
- He began his training in cricket at West Cricket Academy in Delhi in 1998.
- He, like his idol Herschelle Gibbs, excelled in batting and fielding.
- Virat started his career on a sad note, as his father passed away during his Ranji trophy debut game. He did score an impressive 90 runs.
- He likes to bat in the middle order and displays swift footwork. He is adept in chasing runs under pressure. Cover and mid wicket are his strong areas, but he can hit all kinds of shots.
Virat Kohli as captain
- He led his Under-19 cricket team to victory in 2008.
- He has been the captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL league.
Virat Kohli profile
- His nickname is Chikku. Who gave it to him? Delhi State coach Ajit Chaudhary.
- He loves getting tattoos. How many does he have? Four. The samurai warrior is his favorite tattoo.
- He plays lawn tennis when he has time.
- He likes Punjabi music.
- English and history are his favorite subjects.
- He received the Arjuna award in 2013.
- He scored the fastest century (52 balls) in one day internationals by an Indian against Australia in 2013.
- He is the third Indian player to score two centuries in one day matches while being under 22 years.
- Virat is the quickest Indian to score 1000, 3000, and 4000 runs in one day cricket.
- He was the first Indian cricketer to score a century (282 runs) in his debut game in the World Cup in 2011.
- He is the quickest player to reach 17 centuries in one day matches.
- He is the fastest cricketer to score 6000 runs.
- He is the only captain in test matches to have scored three centuries in his first 3 innings as captain.
Virat Kohli Stats
ODI debut –
Vs Sri Lanka
Test debut –
Vs West Indies
Twenty20 debut –
IPL Debut –
Vs Kolkata Knight Riders
To read more interesting articles on Sports for kids, CLICK HERE