Journey of a Vote
Election Process in India
- A government determines the way a country is run.
- Voting enables citizens to change the government, if they don’t like the way the country is being run.
- Indians have voted in the world’s largest election.
- For the first time, voters could choose the “None of the Above” option.
- If that option has the highest number of votes, the candidate getting the second highest number of votes is considered elected.
- After votes have been cast, the Electronic Voting Machines are kept safely. Then, votes from all over the country are counted.
- The candidate with the highest number of votes is elected in a constituency.
- The party with the maximum winning candidates forms the government.
To read and watch more such interesting Civics articles and videos, go to http://mocomi.com/learn/civics/.