Make your own Comet
How to Make your own Comet
We all are fascinated by endless space. That Place, is full of stars and comets. Today, we will learn how to make our own comet, which will act ike the real one despite being smaller in size.
What You Need
- Corn syrup
- Ice- cream sticks
- garbage bags
- Dry ice
- Sand or dirt.
4 Steps to Make your own Comet
- With the help of a plastic liner, line a mixing bowl. add Amnion, sand and corn syrup in a mixing bowl.
- Place 3 garbage bags inside of each other and then place dry ice. With the help of the hammer, crush the ice.
- Add the crushed ice into the rest of the mixture in the mixing bowl And stir it vigorously. Keep on stirring till the mixture is almost frozen.
- When you find the comet can hold its frozen shape, Unwrap it.
- Now our comet is ready. Move the comet as you move around to duplicate its movement in space. You can also take it close to the source of light, a bright bulb in a dark room.
- While going closer to the bulb you can complain about the warming environment. Move far slowly and you can describe the passing by of the Saturn and Jupiter,. you can also swing it around the bulb to show the gravitational force.
- After a will you will the notice that the comet starts to melt and turn into a gas from the soled form. This happens to the dry ice which is a processed form of carbon dioxide, in the room temperature.
- Something similar happens when they go close to the sun, and are eventually being heated up.
- While your comet is melting, you can observe small jets coming out of it. this is happening because the carbon dioxide is escaping from the small holes, which are formed in still frozen water. Similar happens to the real comet making a slight change in their orbits.
- Gradually you will notice that your comet has turned into a crater filled ice ball. The same thing happens to the real comets when they move closer to the sun. This leads to the breakage of comets into several ,or sometimes just a solid, rocky core which travels around the comets orbit.
We have a huge collection of free and downloadable craft ideas for kids.