Mexican Macaroni Recipe
How to make Mexican Macaroni
What You Need
- 2 cups boiled elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large finally chopped onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 bell pepper finely sliced
- Fresh Parsley
- Grated cheese
- Garlic flakes
- Sweet corn ground pepper
- For white sauce
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp Maida
- 1 tbsp butter
- Grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
6 Steps to make Mexican Macaroni
1. Cook macaroni in salted rapidly boiling until al dente, drain and keep aside.
Heat olive oil in a vessel, add the onions capsicum and crushed garlic and saute till transparent. Add the chopped tomato and salt?
Cook for 8-10 mins, stirring once in a while. Add the boiled corn and combine.
2. While the onion-tomato Base cooks prepare the white sauce.
3. Heat a pan on low flame, add the butter and let it melt. add maida and keep stirring using a hand whisk over a over a low flame till well blended.
4. Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously. Next add the grated cheese.
On medium heat continue to stir until you have a nice smooth consistency sauce.
Once in a while remove the vessel away from the heat for few seconds and place it back while stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Keep aside?
5. Next add the boiled macaroni to the cooked onion-tomato base and toss for 2-3 mins stirring well to coat.
Adjust salt, season with freshly ground pepper, mustard pwd and sprinkle some grated cheese. Turn of heat?
6. Remove macaroni onto a baking dish and spoon the prepared white sauce along the edges of the dish.
Garnish with grated cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 10 mins.
Note: you can prepare this with fussili or farfalle also.
For more interesting recipes for kids, go to Recipes for Kids category.