Interesting Facts about Niagara Falls
- The Niagara Falls hold the reputation of being the second largest waterfall in the world.
- They are located on the border of Ontario, Canada and New York, USA.
- The Niagara Falls are made up of 3 waterfalls: the American Falls, the Bridal Veil Falls and the Horseshoe Falls.
- The three waterfalls merge together to produce the highest flow rate of any waterfall on earth.
- The Niagara Falls were created by glacier activity thousands of years ago.
- At the current rate of erosion, scientists believe that the Niagara Falls will be gone in around 50000 years. Luckily, you still have time to see them!
- The water of Niagara Falls almost completely stopped and froze in the winters of 1848 for 30-40 hours, because of an immense ice blockage at the mouth of Lake Erie.
- Niagara Falls is one of those unique places where you can witness two types of rainbows: the common rainbows or the solar bows that are visible in the day time and also the lunar bows that are created in the night by the moonlight shining on the mist created by the Falls.