Paper Parachute Origami
What You Need
- 4 even lengths of string
- Felt pens
- Small figures
- Rocks/feathers (optional)
7 Steps to make a Paper Parachute
- Unfold your napkin to form a big square.
- Decorate it with felt pens.
- Tie a string to each corner of your parachute.
- Next, tie all four strings together at the bottom. Leave long ties at the end, so you can fasten the figure who will fly using your parachute.
- Tie the ‘passenger’ to the parachute strings, using the ends.
- Try your parachute out! Go outside and drop it from a height or throw it up high in the air. Does your parachute float slowly to the ground, or does it race down?
- Try replacing your toy with a rock or a feather. What happens when you launch your parachute now?
How It Works
Watch our video on How does a Parachute Work? (Link to http://mocomi.com/how-does-a-parachute-work/)
We have a huge collection of free and downloadable craft ideas for kids.