Why is it so important to take care of your teeth?
Taking care of your teeth since childhood goes a long way. You will thank yourself when you could enjoy a piece of chocolate or any delicious fruit even at the age of 70 yrs.
Here are some easy ways to improve your oral health
- Brush your teeth along with the gum line twice a day with an ADA (accepted fluoride toothpaste) to remove plaque – the sticky film on teeth which is the main cause of tooth decay.
- Eat a well-balanced diet that limits starchy or sugary foods, which produce plaque acids that cause tooth decay.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Limit sugary foods which contribute towards the tooth decay.
- Have regular visits to the dentist.
- Wear a mouth-guard during contact sports or activities where there is risk of injury to the face.