Zebra Cake Recipe
How to Make a Zebra Cake
What You Need
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 table spoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup oil, (corn, vegetable or canola)
- 2 Cups Maida (all purpose flour)
- 2 table spoons dark Cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsps of baking powder.
9 Steps to Make a Zebra Cake
1. Combine eggs and sugar in a bowl till light and creamy. Add milk, oil and vanilla essence and beat till smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, combine Maida and baking powder.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until batter is smooth and the dry ingredients are completely incorporated. (Do not over beat)
4. Divide the batter into two. Add the cocoa powder to one portion and combine well.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease the baking pan. The most important part is assembling the cake batter in a baking pan.
6. Pour 3 heaped tablespoons of plain batter into the middle of the baking pan. The pour 3 tablespoons of cocoa batter in the center on top of the plain batter .
7. Continue alternating with plain cocoa batter with out pausing for the batter to spread.
8. Bake for 40 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake it should come out clean when it is ready. Remove from the oven.
9. Run a small thin knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake. Leave aside for 15 minutes and invert the cake onto a cooling rack. Turn the cake back over and cool further.
For more interesting recipes for kids, go to Recipes for Kids category.