13 Amazing Facts about Zebra
- Zebra belongs to the Equidae family of horses and donkeys.
- There are three main species of zebras: Mountain, Plains, and Grevy’s zebras.
- Different species of Zebra cannot interbreed.
- Just like the human fingerprints, each zebra has unique stripes unlike any other zebra.
- Zebras are believed to be black in colour with white stripes, not white with black stripes.
- Unlike horses, zebras cannot be tamed and trained because of their wild unpredictable nature.
- A zebra family is made up of one male, a few females, and their offspring.
- Zebra crossings take their name after the black and white stripes of zebras.
- Zebras have excellent eyesight and hearing.
- Zebras can sleep while standing.
- Baby zebras can start running an hour after their birth.
- You can tell the mood of zebra by looking at its ears. If its ears are standing straight, it is relaxed. When a zebra is frightened, its ears are pushed forward. When it is angry, the ears are pulled backwards.
- Zebras live up to 28 years.
For more such interesting General Knowledge articles and videos for kids.