12 Amazing Facts about Human Body
- You can make a three inches long nail, using all the iron in your body.
- You can light up a bulb, using the electricity your brain generates when you are awake.
- It only takes seven seconds for food to reach your stomach.
- When you are born, you have 300 bones, but as an adult you only have 206. Some bones fuse to become a single bone as you grow.
- Your body produces enough heat in half an hour to boil nearly 2 litres (or half a gallon) of water.
- Your bones are stronger than steel.
- Your eyes can identify 10 million colours and your nose can remember 50,000 scents.
- If your eye was a digicam, it would have 576 megapixels.
- When you blush, the lining of your stomach turns red too.
- Your eye’s cornea is the only part of your body with no blood supply. It gets its oxygen directly from the air.
- If your saliva can’t mix with food, you can’t taste it.
- How many atoms does your body contain? Seven octillion atoms.
Looking for more biology articles and videos? Go to: Biology for Kids.