Watch Venus slip behind the Moon
- On February 26, the moon will eclipse Venus.
- India will see the Venus occultation at 5 AM.
- The moon on this day will be a crescent shape.
- Venus will disappear behind the brighter side of moon and then reappear from the other, darker side of the moon.
- The moon is the second brightest and Venus is the third brightest star in the sky.
- So, they can be seen with the naked eye from Earth.
- When the moon is orbiting the earth, it passes in front of the orbit of planet Venus.
- Very rarely, the moon comes directly in line with the orbit of Venus and hides the bright planet.
- The moon hides Venus for a few seconds and then continues on its path, revealing the planet again.
For more such Geography articles and videos, visit: https://mocomi.com/learn/geography/