13 Fun Facts about China
China Facts and Information
- China is officially known as the People’s Republic of China.
- China has the largest population in the world, with about 1.3 billion people as on October 1, 2014. One in five people in the world is Chinese!
- Area wise, China is the fourth largest country in the world, after Russia, Canada, and the U.S.
- The Great Wall of China is the world’s largest man made structure.
- Tea was discovered in China in 2737 BC, when a tea leaf fell in a Chinese emperor’s cup of boiling water.
- The Chinese are also credited with the invention of a vast array of things including paper, compass, gunpowder.
- Suspension bridges were invented in China in 25 B.C.
- Paper money was invented in China, around 1,400 years ago.
- Fingerprinting was practiced in China as early as 700 A.D.
- China’s national sport is table tennis.
- The Chinese army has trained 10,000 pigeons to serve as a back up communication system.
- All giant pandas in the world are on loan from China. When a baby panda is born, it is sent back to China, to expand the gene pool.
- Here, people like dyeing their pets so that they look like other animals.
Get more information about Ancient China Facts and History, visit: http://mocomi.com/facts-about-ancient-china/