- Air pollution is the introduction of foreign products into the atmosphere that have determintal effects on living organisms and cause damage to the environment.
- Vehicles release chemicals in the form of exhaust fumes. These chemicals are very harmful to the environment. These gases also cause acid rain which is also very damaging to the Earth.
- Many industries release a lot of fumes which are harmful for the environment.
- Refrigerators and Air Conditioners release chemicals called chlorofluorocarbons which over time, lead to the formation of holes in the Ozone layer. These holes let the ultraviolet rays of the Sun reach the Earth and thus cause various health problems for humans.
- Fumes released by weapons are also toxic.
- Volcanoes, upon erupting eject tons of smoke and harmful gases. These toxic substances linger in the atmosphere for a long time causing breathing problems for organisms.
- Naturally occurring radioactive materials inside the Earth, sometimes decay releasing a gas called Radon. It is considered to be a health hazard as it causes lung cancer if humans are exposed to it for a long time.
For more environment related articles and videos, visit: Environment for Kids category.