Birth : 20 April 1889
Death : 30 April 1945
Born in a small Austrian village, of Braunau am inn.
Adolf Hitler Family Tree
Dad : Alois Hitler, senior customs official.
Mom : Klara Hitler, Domestic worker.
The Siblings Of Adolf Hitler
- Paula Hitler
- Angela Hitler
- Alois Hitler Jr.
- Edmund Hitler
- Gustav Hitler
- Otto Hitler
- Ida Hitler
Hitler’s Early Life
Adolf was very fond of fine arts but instead of pursuing art, his father wanted him to get into business. Alois Hitler died in 1903, after which he dropped out of school. Hitler decided to move to Vienna and tried getting into the academy of fine arts, the attempt that went in vain twice! He drained out all the money that he had inherited from his father and now was living a life of poverty. Along with art, his life was greatly influenced with nationalism.
Hitler’s Rise to Power
- During world war 1, Adolf applied to serve in the German army and was accepted in august, 1914. He was a very brave soldier, the fact that is based on several awards he received during the course of war. He was promoted to the rank of a corporal in a very short span of time.
- Hitler started getting noticed after the spiteful speeches that he gave against the Treaty of Versailles, rival politicians, Marxists and Jews.
- Founder of the German’s workers party(DAP), Anton Drexler invited Hitler to join the party, an offer that he accepted in 1919. To make it more appealing, the party’s name was changed to Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (NSDAP). In 1921, Hitler was made the leader of NSDAP.
- On April 1, 1924, he was sentenced to five years in prison for treason during which he wrote his book ‘Mein Kamph’.
The Power Upsurge and the Holocaust
- The Jewish holocaust or the ‘final solution’ begun in 1933 killing at least 6 million Jews in the concentration camps where the Jews died either of hunger, injury, infection, disease or were shot at will and gassed by poisonous gases!
- Hitler won the presidential elections held in 1934 and was firmly in power as the dictator of Germany and was given the title of a fuhrer.
- The Nazis occupied Denmark, Norway, Holland, Belgium and France.
The Power Decline
- In 1941, Hitler declares war against the US after Japan bombs the pearl harbor, thus being the center of world war 2!
- In the battle of Stalingrad, the Germans retreated even though Hitler ordered them to stand and fight!
- In July 1944, Hitler dodges an assassination attempt. Soviet troops enter Nazi Germany in January 1945.
- Losing everything, Hitler still decided to stay in Berlin.
- Fearing that he will be captured by the enemy troops, he committed suicide along with his wife Eva Braun!