Lotus Temple History and Facts
- The Lotus Temple is one of the remarkable constructions of the Bahai faith.
- The Bahai religion was founded by Baha-ullah, a Persian nobleman from Tehran. Bahai followers believe that there is only one God.
- The Lotus Temple is located at Kalkaji in New Delhi.
- This temple is designed in the shape of a lotus flower because the lotus is regarded as a symbol of peace, purity, love and immortality.
- The temple looks like a half opened lotus flower with 27 freestanding petals made of marble.
- The construction work for this temple took almost a decade to complete. The temple was finally opened to the public in 1986.
- Over 800 engineers, technicians, workers and artisans worked on the construction of the Lotus Temple.
- The temple can accommodate 2500 people.
- The temple is about 40 meters tall and is surrounded by nine ponds.
- The marble to build this temple was flown in from Greece.
- The Lotus Temple was designed by a Persian architect Fariborz Sahba from Canada.
- The Lotus Temple is open to people from all religions.
- The Lotus Temple is amongst the most visited monuments in India.
For more such interesting General Knowledge articles and videos, visit: General Knowledge for Kids.
@Ashima Thank you very much!
@Ashima Thank you!
@Helly Bhavin Chauhan Good 🙂
Thanks so much, Nisha!
Good job done for kids. All articles really appreciable
I liked it ☺☺
I enjoyed it very much
very very nice
Thanks, Shaan 🙂
This is a fun and interesting website.