12 Interesting Facts about Sanchi Stupa
- The Sanchi Stupa is located in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is one of the most ancient and famous Buddhist monuments in India.
- The Stupa has several chambers, which contains the relics of Buddha.
- The Sanchi Stupa was constructed in the honour of Lord Buddha by Emperor Ashoka in 3rd century BC.
- The height of the Great Stupa is around 54 feet.
- The Great Stupa at Sanchi is crowned by a chhatra, a parasol-like structure, intended to honour and protect the precious relics inside.
- The dome of the Stupa is a symbol of Dharma, the Wheel of Law.
- Most of the Buddha statues at the Sanchi Stupa were said to be painted with a legendary Mauryan polish that made them shine like glass in the erstwhile days.
- The Stupa actually symbolises the life of Buddha and his final release from the cycle of birth and rebirth (Moksha).
- The last addition to the Stupa was done during the rule of the Guptas, prior to 450 AD.
- The Stupa is surrounded by four gateways that represent various scenes from the life of Lord Buddha and the Jataka tales.
- The national emblem of India was derived from the Ashoka Pillar of Sanchi Stupa.
- Sanchi Stupa is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
@Vedanshi aggarwal Thank you very much!
@Ashish Sharma Thank you very much!
@Ashish Sharma Thanks 🙂
@Ashish Sharma 😀
@Shivyansh deshraj Thank you!
@Ashish Sharma Thank you!
@Ashish Sharma 🙂
Thanks a lot 🙂
Thank you, Khushi.
good for teaching kids
Good information about sanchi stupa
I am in love with history
very nice written
Thanks Khushi Ghupta
I love it ????its very good
It is a very good information about sanchi stupa
☺I like it
I de like this site tooooooooooooooo much