Fill in the blanks using the verbs below.
Use them either in the past or present tense. Tense exercise for kids.
(open; be; make; say; close; blow; fall; turn; give; shiver; cover; need; see; do)
- “I ________ going outside,” said Rahul.
- “Wait!” ________ Rahul’s mother. “Don’t forget your umbrella. And wear your jacket, it is cold out there.
- “But mom,” said Jerry. “I don’t want to wear it. I will be fine without it. Besides, it is not that cold today.”
- Rahul ________opened the door. The wind was blowing and ________ a whistling sound. Leaves ________ to the ground because of the wind. He ________a little and stood behind the door.
- “Rahul!” shouted Rahul’s mom. “You ________ that door and get your coat young man.”
- “But mom!” said Jerry.
- “But what?” said Jerry’s mom. “I don’t understand why you don’t want to wear your new coat. Is there something wrong with it?
- Jerry’s face ________ red. “No!” he said. “Nothing’s wrong with it!” Then he ________ his mouth with his hand.
- “Well then…” said Rahul’s mom. “Why don’t you want to wear it?”
- “Well, mom,” said Jerry. “I kind of…well…________ it away.”
- “You what?” said Jerry’s mom.
- “Yeah. But don’t worry. It’s okay. I gave it to Marvin. And he really ________ it.”
- “Every time I ________ him, he looks cold. He is always cold, actually. His parents cannot afford to buy him a jacket.”
- “Well, that is a very nice thing for you to ________, dear. But now what are you going to do without a jacket?”
- “I don’t know. Maybe I’ll wear my old jacket for a little while.”