To know or not to know, that is the question! Well, wouldn’t you prefer to know?
Hamlet, an ever curious hamster, is on a quest to learn new and interesting facts about the world around us. With a new subject each time, Hamlet explores intriguing facts that you may not have heard before. He’s bored of the same old facts about the same old things. You may feel like you already know everything there is to know about everything, but there’s a whole world out there for you to explore and unknown facts you may not already know! Why not shake things up with Hamlet’s curiosity and great sense of humour? Take this fun fact loaded adventure with him!
10 Dinosaur facts you didn’t know!
- Dinosaurs lived on Earth for about 160 million years, 64 times longer than people have been around.
- Palaeontologists believe that birds are the only surviving dinosaurs.
- Most meat-eating dinosaurs had bones filled with air similar to that of birds.
- A lot of dinosaurs were usually human sized or smaller.
- Mary Anning, born in 1799, was one of the most famous fossil hunters of all times.
- The Stegosaurus had a body that was the size of a van, but its brain was the size of a walnut.
- Dinosaurs often swallowed large rocks that stayed in the stomach and helped them grind up food.
- Corythosaurus had a big, hollow crest connected to its nose which helped it make a loud blast of a noise.
- All dinosaurs can either be Ornithischia (bird-hipped) or Saurischia (lizard-hipped).
- A Spinosaurus can grow over 50 feet long and weigh 20 tonnes.