How to make Caramel Popcorn
What You Need
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup corn
- 125g chopped butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
9 Steps to make Caramel Popcorn
- Line a tray with foil.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add a couple of pieces of corn.
- If the corn moves in a circle slowly, the oil is hot enough.
- Add the rest of the corn.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid.
- When the corn starts to pop, gently shake the saucepan.
- Take it off the heat when corn stops popping.
- Put the corn in a big bowl.
6 Steps to make the Caramel
- Mix the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Stir and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the butter dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 5-8 minutes or until it is light golden.
- Remove from heat. Pour the caramel mix over popcorn. Stir until the popcorn is coated.
- Spread over the tray. Let it cool. Serve.
For more interesting recipes for kids, go to Recipes for Kids category.