16 Interesting Facts about Cars
Nuts and Bolts
1. 165,000 cars are produced every day.
2. There are more than thirty thousand parts in a car.
3. At a speed of 95 km/hr in your car, you would reach the moon in six months and in another 150 years you would reach the sun.
4. Sugarcane produces the car fuel ethanol.
5. Levers were first used to drive a car, and not steering wheels.
6. The dashboard was first built on a horse carriage, and it would prevent the driver from getting muddy by the horse’s trotting and splashing mud all over.
7. The first set of car tires was white.
8. Roads were first built for cyclists to use.
9. Jamshedji Tata was the first Indian to buy a car.
10. The lowest car is the Flatmobile and is only 19 inches high.
11. The longest car is a Cadillac limousine, and is 100 feet long and has 26 tires.
12. The most expensive car was the Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe and sold at $8.7 million.
Did You Know?
13. A woman had invented windshield wipers.
14. British policemen carry teddy bears with them to give to kids involved in car accidents.
15. The Saab brand of cars has an inbuilt ping pong game in its computer board.
16. Adolf Hitler, while serving his punishment in prison; had requested for a car loan to buy a Mercedes car.
For more such interesting General Knowledge articles and videos, visit: GK for Kids.