To know or not to know, that is the question! Well, wouldn’t you prefer to know?
Hamlet, an ever curious hamster, is on a quest to learn new and interesting facts about the world around us. With a new subject each time, Hamlet explores intriguing facts that you may not have heard before. He’s bored of the same old facts about the same old things. You may feel like you already know everything there is to know about everything, but there’s a whole world out there for you to explore and unknown facts you may not already know! Why not shake things up with Hamlet’s curiosity and great sense of humour? Take this fun fact loaded adventure with him!
10 Amazing alligators facts for kids!
1. Alligators can be described as ‘living fossils’ as they have been living on the Earth for millions of years.
2. Damaged bones suggest that dinosaurs were a regular part of the ancient alligator’s diet.
3. The pressure exerted when an alligator bites down equals the weight of a small pick up truck.
4. An adult human can hold the jaws of an alligator shut with their bare hands as the muscles used to open the jaw are much weaker.
5. An alligator can go through over 2,000 teeth in its lifetime.
6. Other than meat, alligators also eat fruit when they get the chance.
7. American alligators can climb very well and sometimes climb trees to get a better spot to bask in the sun.
8. These animals keep to themselves and usually don’t attack humans unless they are threatened.
9. The alligator’s rough skin makes it look like a floating log, which is helpful when stalking prey.
10. Alligators have no vocal cords, but can bellow loudly by sucking air into their lungs and blowing it with a roar like sound.