Make Your Own Vuvuzela Sound!
What You Need
- A long cardboard roll, like the one around foil
- Thick paper
- A plastic cup with a bottom smaller than the top
- Strong tape
- Decorating materials, if you like!
6 Steps to make a Vuvuzela
- Cut the cardboard roll along its centre.
- Cut the plastic cup’s bottom too.
- Then, overlap the cut roll on the cup to create a horn shape.
- Cover the open triangular space created with thick paper. Fix it with tape.
- Then, wrap tape around the whole horn.
- Decorate it with stickers, or make stripes with coloured tape.
How to play a Vuvuzela Horn
- Purse your lips, like you’ve tasted a sour lemon.
- Put the horn’s tip in your mouth.
- Blow hard! Draw air from your cheeks and mouth, not stomach or diaphragm.
We have a huge collection of free and downloadable craft ideas for kids.