What You Need
For the Mexican sauce
- 1 large, finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- 8 blanched tomatoes
- 8 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed, roasted zeera or cumin
For the filling
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ½ tablespoon grated cheese
- ½ cup chena/mashed paneer (cottage cheese)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup sour curd/cream
9 Steps to Make Enchiladas
- Mexican Sauce
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil
- Add the onion and capsicum
- Stir fry lightly
- Run the tomatoes in the mixie with the garlic.
- Add them to the onion and capsicum.
- Add the tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, sugar, vinegar.
- Cook covered over low-medium heat, till the sauce is thick.
- Add the crushed, roasted zeera.
- Mix the cabbage, cheese, chena, onions.
- Season to taste with salt, red chili powder, roasted zeera powder.
- Place the curd in a plate.
- Place half the Mexican sauce in a 9” square greased baking dish.
- Dip each tortilla in the curd.
- Place a little filling on top and roll tightly.
- Place the rolls in the dish.
- Cover with the remaining sauce and 50g grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 225 °C for 20 minutes.
For more interesting recipes for kids, go to Recipes for Kids category.