Parts of a Flower and their Functions
Many flowers have male parts and female parts.
Male part – Stamen
The stamen has two parts
- Anthers – Pollen producing part
- Filaments – They hold up the anthers
Female part – Pistil
The pistil has three parts
- Stigma – Sticky surface at the pistil’s top, where the pollen germinates
- Style – Holds up the stigma
- Ovary – Contains the ovules
- Ovules – Become the seed after fertilization by pollen
Other Parts of the Flower
- Petals – Usually bright, to attract pollinators
- Sepals – Protect the flower bud when it is developing
- Receptacle – Portion of the stalk with the flower structure
- Peduncle – Flower stalk
Looking for more biology articles and videos? Go to: Biology for Kids.
@spiderkkid1 Thank you very much
@sunny waris ali Thank you very much!
@sunny waris ali Thank you so much!
@mannat bagga Thank you!
@Zoo bee Zoo Thanks a lot !
@Aizel Abapo Thank you!
@Ibukun Olaitan 😀
@yuvraj Thank a lot!
@yuvraj Thank you so much!
@yuvraj Thanks 🙂
Thank you so much
Biology project different flower
We are so glad it helped you N0VA!
Helped me a lot in class. Thanks!
Thank you, Yuvraj!
Glub Glub, he whispers
i love the website that you have created
Thank you, Rosie.
I love the fact that this article is short and simple. It is a fantastic way to get information quick. I defiantly recommend this site for kids! 🙂
seriusly very amazing and awesome dude
Simple and nice. Thank you
This is a very nice presentation for kids! I even got attracted myself! but what is just missing is that it needs a little more information. But this is actually preety good 🙂
Very nice !!!!!! <3
I like it
Pistil is the part in the center of a flower that is made up of the stigma, style, and ovary and produces the seed.
Where and What is the pistil?, needs more info
this was really very nice.