- The Earth pulls every thing into it. This force is called gravity or gravitation and becomes lesser, the further you are away from Earth. Even a long way away from Earth, there is still enough gravity to keep a spaceship in orbit. Because of gravity’s pull, the spaceship falls around the planet. When things fall, they don’t have any weight. This is why astronauts float inside a space ship.
THE SPACECRAFT IS FALLING
- As space crafts move in a circular orbit around the Earth, it falls from point A to point B. There is still enough gravity to keep the space ship on its path. To fly away from the pull of Earth’s gravity, from point A to C, the spacecraft must overcome that last bit of gravity, holding its course.
STRANGE THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOU ARE WEIGHTLESS
- Gravity is strongest near the Earth’s surface than in space. This is why things fall to the ground on Earth. In space however, objects and people float.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Water in space breaks into droplets because of zero gravity.
THINGS TO DO
- Whatever you throw up will always come down. Try this.
- Who is Sir Isaac Newton? Understand his contribution to the study of gravity.
Looking for more Physics articles and videos? Go to: Physics for Kids.
Thank you very much!
Thank you Vera and so glad you liked the article.
And I too gained a lot of information.
This question may come in my exam, who knows?
Anyway thanks a lot again……
Good. I gained a lot from the information
Why they dont fly on earth