To know or not to know, that is the question! Well, wouldn’t you prefer to know?
Hamlet, an ever-curious hamster, is on a quest to learn new and interesting facts about the world around us. With a new subject each time, Hamlet explores intriguing facts that you may not have heard before. He’s bored of the same old facts about the same old things. You may feel like you already know everything there is to know about everything, but there’s a whole world out there for you to explore and unknown facts you may not already know! Why not shake things up with Hamlet’s curiosity and a great sense of humour? Take this fun fact loaded adventure with him!
10 Interesting Facts about Sleep
1. The albatross bird can multitask by sleeping while flying.
2. The sensation of falling when half asleep and jerking yourself awake is called a ‘hypnic jerk’.
3. Within 5 minutes of waking up, 50% of your dream is forgotten
4. Humans can sleep with their eyes open.
5. 12% of people dream in black and white.
6. Somniphobia is the fear of sleep.
7. You can only dream about faces you have already seen.
8. Dreams are experienced during REM sleep when the brain is most active.
9. Everyone dreams 4 to 7 times every night.
10. By the time you are 75 years old, you’ll have spent approximately 25 years sleeping.