Create Your Own Magical Creature
What You Need
- Art paper
- Poster paint
- ‘Googly’ eyes
- Red and golden crepe papers
- Sponge or bubble wrap
- Ask your mom to give you a nylon scrubber (used to wash utensils)
- A bowl with little water
How to Paint the Background
- Dip one side of the sponge or bubble wrap in blue colour, a little water and press lightly with twisting strokes on the art paper to make the blue sky.
- Dip the nylon scrubber in a colour of your choice, little water and keep stroking it lightly on the art paper, below the sky. You will see a designed pattern appear. Try making bushes one on top of the other.
- Take the sponge again, dip it in brown colour and paint a tree bark with the help of long strokes.
How to Paint your Magical Creature
- Take the sponge, dip it in another colour and make your own magical creature. Use the sponge just like you use a brush while painting. You can also use your brush.
- Once you have made the creature you can now cut or tear the crepe paper to make wings or tail for your creature.
- You can use golden crepe paper to make the sun.
- In the end, take the ‘googly’ eyes and paste it on your creature’s head.
‘My magical creature is a mix of a caterpillar and spider. Look ,it has the eyes of a spider’, says 9 year old Aditya.
‘I have used colourful paper, googly eyes and sponge in different colours to make my magical creature. I love painting without brushes,’ says 8 year old Gia.
Seen at the Kahani Karnival where Madhumita showed it.
We have a huge collection of free and downloadable craft ideas for kids.