11 Interesting Facts about Mexico
- Mexico is officially known as the United Mexican States.
- Mexico is the 11th most populated country in the world.
- Mexico is the 14th largest country area wise.
- The national symbol of Mexico is the Golden Eagle.
- Mexico introduced chocolate, chilies and corn to the world.
- Mexican children receive their Christmas gifts on January 6th, the day on which the arrival of the Three Wise Men is celebrated in Mexico.
- Mexico is situated in the “Ring of Fire,” one of the Earth’s most prominent earthquake and volcano zones.
- Mexico City is built over the ruins of an ancient Aztec city called Tenochtitlan.
- Since the city of Mexico is built on a lake, it is sinks about 6 to 8 inches every year. Large pumps are used to pump out the water and keep the city afloat.
- Mexico’s flag has a picture of an eagle eating a snake, based on an Aztec legend.
- Chihuahua, the world’s smallest dog is named after a Mexican state.
Note: Mexican Theme Party for Kids, visit: https://mocomi.com/mexican-party/