International Cricket Records List
Test cricket records
- Sir Donald Bradman holds the highest Test batting average of 99.94.
- Highest score in a Test match- Brian Lara scored 400 runs (that is 4 centuries) not out in one Test innings against England in 2004.
- Curtly Ambrose (WI) shocked the Australian team in 1993 by taking 7 wickets in 32 balls and giving away only 1 run.
- Bapu Nadkarni had bowled a record 21 successive maidens against England in 1964 in a Test match played in Chennai. That was 131 balls with zero runs.
- Highest wicket taker- Muttiah Muralitharan has taken 800 wickets in 133 test matches .
- Highest team score- Sri Lanka proved themselves champions of one day cricket with a cricket score of 443 runs against Netherlands in 2006.
- Highest number of runs scored in ODIs- Sachin Tendulkar has scored 18,426 runs in 452 one day matches. Cricket statistics fans- He has held this record for the past fourteen years.
- Fastest hundred in ODIs- AB de Villiers(SA) scored 149 runs in just 44 balls against West Indies on 18 January, 2015 with sixteen sixes and nine fours.
- The previous record holder Shahid Afridi now wants to regain his record. Can he?
- Most runs off an over- Yuvraj Singh loves his sixes and he hit 6 sixes in 6 balls in a T20 game against England in 2007. He reached a 50 in twelve balls flat, the fastest in any form of cricket.
Cricket World Cup records
- Chaminda Vaas performed a hat trick in the first three balls against Bangladesh in the 2003 World Cup in South Africa.
- Highest run scorer in World Cup cricket – Sachin Tendulkar. In the six World Cups he has played in, he totaled 2560 runs .
- Sir Donald Bradman scored a century in just 3 overs- there were 8 balls in an over then. (The Blackheath Ton between Blackheath and Lithgow in Dec 1931).
- Bradman said, “‘It is important I think to emphasise that the thing was not planned. It happened purely by accident and everyone was surprised at the outcome, none more so than I.”
Other Sachin Tendulkar Records
- Sachin has 49 centuries and 96 half centuries and played in 90 different places in 24 years.
- He also took 154 wickets with a bowling average of 44.48 in one day games.
- He was awarded with 62 Man of the match awards and 15 Man of the series awards for his impressive feats in ODIs.
- Sachin also has scored 15921 runs in 200 Test matches with an average of 53.78.
To read more interesting articles on Sports for kids, CLICK HERE