10 Food facts you should know!
- The oldest soup had the meat of hippopotamus and sparrow as ingredients. It was made in 6000 BC.
- An average ear of corn has an even number of rows, usually 16.
- Coconut water can be used as blood plasma.
- Apples, pears and plums are a part of the rose family.
- The Maya Indians and the Aztecs used cocoa beans as currency.
- Tomato ketchup was once used to treat diarrhoea.
- Why do apples float? 25% of their volume is air.
- Which vegetable contains 91% water? Cabbage.
- There are no words that rhyme with orange.
- The temperature inside a cucumber can be up to 20 degrees cooler than room temperature. This was the origin of the phrase “cool as a cucumber.”
To read and watch more such such interesting General Knowledge articles and videos, go here.
Aah really?? I am awestruck 🙂
Thank you, Vinay!
Oh these are some really interesting facts mate. Loved the first one. I would have never imagined hippopotamus as the first one assuming that its skin is very hard and very difficult to cook..